June 16, 2005

...speaking of vegetables

Here's a place I really like...
the Newtown Farm Market. Open from April to November, it's the BEST place to buy produce, although Country Fresh Market in Hartwell is also pretty good as well as open all year 'round.

I was just making my list to do shopping at the Newtown Market after work today and was getting all jazzed thinking about all the fabulous fruits and veggies they'll have for me to choose from - so I thought I'd blog about it. (since I really need work at posting things on a regular basis!)

Newtown Market also has the most fabulous salad bar...and why wouldn't they with all that great produce on hand! I go there sometimes to pick up a salad for lunch during the week.

If you live in the Cincinnati area, you really should check it out sometime. If you don't live around here, then scout around your own area for independently owned grocers and markets that have the freshest produce. It's so much more fun to shop at these types of places rather than getting lost inside one of those huge faceless chain grocery mega-stores.

UPDATE
Items purchased include vine ripened tomatoes, Vidalia onions, homegrown strawberries, seedless watermelon and buffalo chicken salad from the deli. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home