November 06, 2005

Something pretty just for ME

If you've ever browsed my website, you may have stumbled upon my Emporium shop where I periodically sell handmade Tarot bags. This started as a selfish desire to make fabric casings of my own liking for my (then) rapidly growing collection of Tarot decks. But after gifting a few bags to close friends and fellow deck enthusiasts, they became big fans of my work and clamored to buy more bags faster than I was able to keep up production. As a result, my own decks are rarely covered by my own fabric creations, except for a few experimental designs that still needed to be tweaked a bit or the occasional misfit that ended up not passing the standards of quality control - in other words, not good enough to sell but not bad enough to discard.

Before you start feeling sorry for me ;), I *do* have a lot of decks. Many of them remain in their original packaging on shelves or tucked inside of wooden boxes or those cardboard photo boxes and only decks I like to actively study or read with tend to go in a fabric bag or pouch and are kept in baskets. My Tarot shelves are a total mess right now, but I'm in the process of better organizing them. Seriously, I'll take a picture in another week and post it - you'll be amazed. So while I only have perhaps 5 or 6 first quality bags of my own design...I still have MANY beautiful bags made by others that I either purchased, traded for or was gifted.

In the midst of too many other projects (as is usually the case) connected with producing my deck, such as cutting and laminating cards, sewing up the remaining bags for the limited edition and dragging my heels writing up the text for my little white booklet, I felt compelled to sew a couple of bags to break the monotony of sewing 52 bags of the same (albeit gorgeous) fabric for my deck. One of the bags I made for a trade with Deb R. I'll post a pic later of the cool bags she sent me, but she posted a pic of the bag I made on her blog. The other bag was just for me! It's gorgous and I love it...it goes perfectly with one of my favorite decks, the Jolanda den Tredjes Tarot - otherwise known as the Swedish Witch deck. So here it is...isn't it pretty? And it's ALL MINE! Sorry, but no, you can't have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home