July 10, 2005

Go with the Flow

Pondering the existence of my blog and sorting through the varied topics I could install as fixtures - I decided to occasionally post randomly drawn cards from my deck and mention a bit about the person who inspired each of the cards.

A couple entries back, I mentioned the artwork of Lorena Moore and on last month's Full Moon I posted the Moon card, but didn't take an opportunity to wax effusive with praise to my good friend, Julie Cuccia-Watts. Last Summer I drove up to Wisconsin to visit Julie and her family and go to a showing of her Maat Tarot paintings at the gallery in the Watertown Market and the experience of seeing all that lush, soulful Tarot displayed in one room was nothing short of incredible. If you've never browsed around Julie's website, you really should check it out sometime. She's recently added a link to great (and free!) online readings using her Blue Moon deck.

Since this entry has been to catch up the concept and only links back to images - I'll post one of a handful of extra cards that ended up as a result of making my deck.



(click on image for larger view)
This Alchemy card is an image I've associated with the Temperance card since I moved to Cincinnati 14 years ago (hmmm...numerological coincidence?) and I think most Tarotists would agree that the Tyler Davidson Fountain is a great player for the part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home